Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: Pumpkin Hershey's Kiss

The pumpkin sampling continues! This, I have to confess was not a legitimate commercial pumpkin tasting. I happened to be at the store and there was a demo booth with some samples and this happened to be one of them and I went for it. Nonetheless, I think it merits a review so possibly someone out there will know the answer that inevitable question that will arise this holiday season, “to buy the chocolate or not to buy the chocolate?”

(I’ll have you know that I left the store, and did not give into my dark chocolate craving. When I left I realized that I forgot something and had to go back to the store later; the chocolate craving struck again. This time I actually pulled the chocolate bar off the shelf, schlepped it around the store with me for all too long, and ended up leaving it “accidentally” on the counter while waiting at the register. Worst. Mistake. Ever.

The lesson: always. always buy the chocolate bar.)

That being said, I’ll introduce the next victim: Hershey's Pumpkin Kisses:




The kisses are not too bad. They have a much softer taste than I expected: creamy, smooth pumpkin, with a nonabrasive spice. It was not chocolate par-se, if anything it had more of a white chocolate thing going on which I don’t categorize with true, deep, dark, passionate, chocolate awesomeness that real chocolate is, but it was quite yummy. As far as my pumpkin tasting goes I think Hersey’s actually did a good job at capturing a harvest custard dessert in a solid foil wrapped candy form. It has the right texture, a suitable pumpkin flavor, and was not overwhelmed with inappropriate spice like so many other seasonal foodstuffs are these days. I did not necessarily want another one, but I also did not regret the sampling.
My recommendations for the kisses are if you purchase them, have one or two, put a few in a bowl for guest to snack on when they come over and know you will be able to resist most of the time. The rest of the bag could be used to make some incredible snickerdoodle blossoms.
mmm...mmm... gooooood...
P.S. who else cannot get enough cinnamon lately? holy moley.

No comments:

Post a Comment