Friday, November 16, 2012

time. to. CELEBRATE!



Thanksgiving is coming and what a time to be thankful! Life has been fraught with intensity the past week; I suppose for me that is about par for the course. We had six exams, some standard and other comprehensive for 10 week courses, with a pending week long break to follow and to say it was “stressful,” is a mild description.
With the potential for incredible turmoil it actually worked out quite well and ended up being a fabulous day. The last exam today went very well (similar to the previous five) and we all met up for breakfast afterwards. Breakfast was delicious, I’ll have to yelp the Canadian Honkers praises later, and the bloody mary was quite fitting for the wrap up of hematology. After breakfast I made it home to do some laundry and put my life back together and ended up having a lovely conversation with the folks at my leasing office, despite the shitty factor of neighbors, barking dogs, and sad excuses for air circulation and safety here, they are really quite wonderful.
Somewhere in there my friend called and said she would like to be my roommate which is a HUGE relief 1. Financially, and 2. To know that I will be living with such an incredible girl; she really is fantastic. So with laundry done, tests done and a roommate I headed out for some shopping! I bought some dishes at Kohl’s:
Corsica Home Fiji 16-pc. Dinnerware Set
How cute are my new dishes?!
and caught up with an old friend I'm seeing for thanksgiving while I shopped. After that I swung by Apollo to visit with a friend and came home for some venison, vino, and du chocolate:

Hogue Cabernet Sauvignon and Godiva Peppermint Chocolate

and now I am indugling in these and enjoying some Bette Midler in That old Feeling.

Happy Friday and Happy Thanksgiving week.

I am thankful for:
  1. friends who end up as roommates.
  2. good exam grades
  3. a job I love and now do not need.
  4. pumpkin.
  5. Houge winergy
  6. Chocolate
  7. Venison (oh my goodness, how have I not discovered the deliciousness of this meat before?!)
  8. Break. and Friends.
  9. and more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment