Friday, October 12, 2012

Review: McDonald's Pumkin Shake

Friday's Victim: McDonald's Pumpkin Pie Shake

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Holy crap I had no idea McDonald's would be the one to capture the true essence of pumpkin in their milkshake but hot damn they sure as hell did it and did it well. I am not pro McDonald's in the same way I'm not crazy about WalMart; they both are huge corporations serving lazy, poor quality seeking individuals who just want to "get the job done," aside from the the occasional cheap craving for something completely void of nutritional, culinary, raw, epicurean, value. This shake, however, is phenomenal, and worth every bit of the McDonald's endorsement experience.

A photo for the curious:



So it's not the greatest picture but it does show the important features:
  1. Layer of vanilla on the bottom. My constant complaint so far in all the "pumpkin" products is that there is too much of some non-characteristic pumpkin flavor (orange, spice, water, etc) and what they all lack is a creamy texture; this is mandatory in anything that claims to be pumpkin. The vanilla layer of this pumpkin shake completely satisfies this attribute and completes the creamy custard pumpkin goodness that is this shake.
  2. The pumpkin layer. it's just what it needs to be: pumpkin. No more, no less. Just pumpkin.
  3. Whipped cream. It's piled on, it's delicious, and it blends in perfectly.
So, my synopsis:

The highs:
  • Everything. The whole shake is awesome. Pumpkin flavor is great, vanilla background gives it creamy, body and deliciousness, and doesn't disguise the pumpkin but rather enhances it. Oh my goodness it's yummy.
  • It's the best pumpkin product I've had by far to this point.
The lows:
  • If I had to pick one thing it would be the cherry on top. I'm not a big fan of maraschino cherries, in that I hate them, and they should just do some harvest spice goodness similar to DQ's blizzard and that would be perfect. The solution is to pass the cherry off to a friend and pretend like it never happened.

Good golly I think I want another...

No comments:

Post a Comment